Monday, July 10, 2006

It's been a bit quiet on the painting front the last week or so. I did manage to get another 6mm Baccus French foot regiment painted, taking me to the grand total of:
3 foot regiments
3 horse regiments

I have another foot regiment underway, with a couple of dragoon regiments to do next, then a general and a couple of guns and I will be halfway.

I then intend to start on the Brits.

I am quite enjoying painting these little chaps. It is very relaxing, more so than 28mm .

Pics will be coming soon - once I have charged the batteries in my camera.

3 comments:

Adelaide Gamer said...

I enjoy your blog. Came across it at TMP. Will keep coming back. One question - when you speak of varnishing, am I right in thinking that you actually use two types of varnish, first coat being gloss and follow up(s) being matt? If so, why? Thanks.

(I'm a 6mm man myself these days)

martin said...

That's right two (well actually three) coats of Varnish.
The first coat is Humbrol Gloss. As gloss is a bit thicker than matt this first coat gives really good protection to the figure.
Then two slightly thinned coats of matt give a flat finish to the figure.

If you are painting 6mm you could skip the gloss (as I find figures are handled less due to the base sizes) but the matt does not give as good protection than the gloss basecoat.

Hope this is helpful? If not keep asking questions!

Adelaide Gamer said...

Thanks for that. I think I'll not use the gloss on the 6mm to keep the number of steps down.

Still waiting for more pictures :}