Thursday, June 29, 2006

Many thanks to all of you who have visited my blog today via The Miniatures Page.

All comments are, as always, much appreciated and spur me onto more painting. Here are my answers to a couple of queries raised on TMP.

Horse noses - dark horse noses are just Foundry Granite shade then mid tone on top of the black undercoat. The pinkish colour is Foundry Spearshaft mid tone, then Flesh shade and midtone.

Blonde hair - Foundry dusky flesh mid tone all over (right into the crevices – it can be too much of a contrast otherwise), Foundry Ochre shade, Ochre mid-tone, then a final highlight of Lemon highlight. I can look a little bright, so take care with it, but I believe that figures should leap out at you, and the odd shock of bright blonde hair helps that a lot.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that it would be a good idea to put together some illustrated colour tutorials. So let me know what you want to see first!

No comments: